The Parish Council works with parishioners and hopes to involve them in all activities.
The Parish Council’s plan for community engagement for the upcoming year 2016/2017 is:
- to hold 3 parish surgeries – ‘coffee and cake’ in St Benet’s Hall. These are organised by the Chairman, Peter Iddon. 3 surgeries were held in 2015/16 (September 2015, November 2015 and March 2016)
- to continue helping as necessary with the updated Village Plan. The Village Plan is being co-ordinated by Dave Young. He has a team of 8 parishioners working with him. The team have so far sent out 400 flyers (June 2016) asking for community involvement at the early stages. The Village Plan had initially been written and put together in 2011
- the Parish Council writes an item every month in the ‘Horning Reach’ (the parish news) advertising it’s activities and informing parishioners of important Parish Council upcoming decisions. The Parish Council has been writing an article in the Parish News for many years
- The Parish Council advertised activities, and posts financial information together with minutes and agendas on the Public Noticeboard on St Benet’s Green
Town and Country planning
- Cllr Kibler is Chairman of the Planning Committee, and attends training events as necessary to update his knowledge. He also reports any new information to the Parish Council when required. Cllr Kibler organises site meetings of the Planning Committee as required for Parish Council responses to Planning Applications.
- The Parish Council has considered writing a Neighbourhood Plan but because of the geography of the area there is little large development that could be achieved. In addition, as North Norfolk District Council have not organised their levy structure, there is no monetary benefit at present to having a Neigbourhood Plan